Tell me a little about yourself
- My name is Ben Frawley. I live in Newcastle, Australia with my wife and two daughters. My three special ladies are the most precious things in my life.
- I currently work as a senior web developer for ASP International. ASP is the governing body for professional surfing – http://www.aspworldtour.com
- I previously worked for Emap publishing when they were active in Australia. I designed, built and maintained customised Content Management Systems for publications such as Tracks, Australian Dirtbike, FHM, Empire, New Woman, Mother & Baby to name a few.
- My favourite past time is surfing. Closely followed by mountain biking and snowboarding. I used to ride dirtbikes until I had an accident which put me in hospital for a while. During my stay I realised that there was a big gap between my perceived ability and my actual ability. So I listened to my family and sold the dirtbike, a common story.
- I am a voracious reader. Some of my favorite authors (in no particular order) include Kurt Vonnegut, Philip K Dick, Paul Davies, Carl Sagan, Christopher Hitchens, Richard Dawkins, Bill Bryson and Noam Chomsky.
You’re a what?
A demystification engineer.
Okay, what the heck is that?
It’s an ironic use of technical jargon. During my 15+ years of web development I have learnt that my profession is heavily populated with people who cannot communicate web technologies to clients in simple to understand terms. One of my strongest skills is my ability to translate technical jargon into a language that clients can understand. My first objective for clients is to demystify the technology and processes so that they have clear expectations of their requirements and a clear understanding of the technologies that will best suit those requirements. If you don’t know what you are paying for then perhaps you shouldn’t part with your money.*
* Please note: I am not a qualified financial adviser.
I have a question.
No problem, get in touch and I will do my best to help you.